Purpose of job
To play an integral role in the ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Project Control Office, providing support to the Project Management community in support of project on time delivery.
Project Control Team Lead
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Planning and project controls with an understanding of project management methodologies.
- Familiarity with the project lifecycle management techniques.
- Risk, earned value management and critical path awareness.
- Familiar working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP system.
- Familiar working knowledge of Business Intelligence reporting.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Driving best practice planning and project control practice is always adhered to.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Creation and maintenance of Microsoft Project schedules (Gantt chart), working with the project teams to ensure estimates and forecasts are accurate and published frequently.
- Scheduling of all project activities to produce a logically linked, fully costed and resource loaded project plan with a critical path.
- Monitoring and tracking of work package schedule and budgets / forecasts and communicating variances to the project manager and work package leaders.
- Compile a standard suite of reports to ensure the project manager and project teams has up to date and accurate project information.
- Challenge cost, schedule & resource forecasting to ensure the project schedules are reflective of reality.
- Support to the generation of the Business level reporting and Business Intelligence (BI) data in support of the project, divisional and board level reviews and attend where required
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and project delivery focussed.
- Ability to work unsupervised, under own initiative, with the drive to influence and improve project reporting and performance.
- Prepared to multi-task and work flexibly to achieve deadlines.
- Ability to interpret technical, engineering and operational issues and relate these back to delivery implications.
- Ability to challenge forecasts, identify, and highlight conflicts of data.
- Ability to work in teams (both functional and cross functional) and to develop an empathy with colleagues, understanding their roles and priorities.
- A positive can-do attitude.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment@uk.atlas-elektronik.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB