Financial Internal Auditor
Purpose of job
A new and developing role, the primary purpose is to be responsible for, coordinate and carry out financially linked internal audit activities. This will include being responsible for designing and recommending best practice for financial control processes and adapting these processes in line with growth and sometimes fast pace of change. This role will support the business in maintaining a positive financial control environment which is suitable to its size and complexity and risk appetite, along with supporting the business in identifying and addressing weaknesses in controls. Due to evolving scope, the secondary purpose of the role is to support senior finance leads.
Reports to the Senior Financial Accountant on a day-to-day basis, Head of Operations, Head of Business Assurance
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Experience of performing and managing audits, including risk assessment, setting objectives and scope, testing and sampling methods.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of risk and controls.
- A high level of discretion, credibility and interpersonal abilities when interacting with all stakeholders which includes senior management and group companies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of building strong, trusting relationships with business operations, while remaining independent and objective
- Strong analytical skills and able to interpret data to draw suitable conclusions.
- Emerging role - Proactive approach to work and be able to demonstrate initiative.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible approach to work, willing to try new tasks and apply knowledge in new scenarios
Key accountabilities may include
- Develop, maintain and execute proportionate risk-based audit plans for varying audit requirements. These include parent company mandated assignments such as Internal Control System (ICS) and Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ), as well as increasing local requirements such as expense audits and monitoring of the company tax risk register.
- Perform all aspects of internal audit engagements including planning, executing, concluding findings and reporting to corresponding stakeholders – sometimes from a blank sheet of paper.
- Ensure audit actions are agreed and followed up in a timely manner.
- Support the business in identifying and addressing weaknesses to maintain a positive financial control environment.
- Design and recommend best practice for financial control processes.
- Contribute to the continuous development of the function.
- Due to evolving nature of role, the requirement to support Senior Finance leads will involve varied ad hoc project work across the breadth of the finance function
- A recognised accountancy or internal audit qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CIA etc). Part qualified may be considered based on experience.
- Knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- A level of tax accounting experience would be beneficial but not essential
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment@uk.atlas-elektronik.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB