Purpose of job
To lead multi-disciplinary teams to deliver technical outputs
This role is suited to high-calibre engineer with a proven ability to lead and develop multidisciplinary teams in the planning and delivery of AEUK’s projects and products through technical excellence along with a focus on delivery to time and cost.
This role requires developing close working relationships between our design and engineering teams, Project Managers and SDAs, production and procurement departments in order to support the successful planning and delivery of our projects and product developments.
Reports to Engineering Head of Delivery
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Specialist engineering knowledge (in one or more of the following areas Mechanical / Electrical/Systems / Electronics / Software)
- The implementation of engineering lifecycles and robust system engineering processes within a product development environment
- Planning and leading engineering work-package and delivery projects
- Leading engineering design activities and providing engineering support throughout the design, test and acceptance phases to ensure specifications are met, problem areas and risks are identified, and design is fit for purpose
- Leadership of the technical concept development of innovative solutions to meet challenging technical requirements
- Generating design specifications and technical procurement specifications
- Understanding the application of project management principles and practice
- Technical management delivery experience as a supplier/integrator. Understanding of estimation, costing, pricing, contract, tender and bid processes
- Excellent written skills, including writing bids and technical reports
- Excellent communication skills, including giving presentations
- Managing and reporting of training outputs.
- Supporting bidding activity by providing estimated costs and timescales for training tasks.
- Working with Product Managers, System Design Authorities, Technical Leads, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Managers and Safety & Environmental Engineers to ensure high quality training outputs are delivered
- Accountable for the delivery of technical outputs to time, cost and quality; applying project management methodologies and system engineering principles.
- Build and develop positive relationships with a wide range of internal and external customers.
- Estimation of the technical costs of work-packages at bid stages to develop cost efficient technical solutions within the budget allocated by maximising re-use of AEUK technology and design.
- Reporting on the team’s Work Package Agreement delivery to Project Managers and to Engineering Division management.
- You will be required to work in a high paced environment that requires the ability to use your full breadth of knowledge and skills in a flexible and responsive manner.
- Highly motivated, energetic, able to see the big picture.
- Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment.
- Strive to deliver innovation and best practice.
- The ability to work effectively within a growing, changing workplace.
- Consistently sound judgement and decision making.
- Promotes a “can do” attitude.
- Energy to increase the capability to deliver and improve business results.
- Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to bids and projects.
- Strive to exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Have a good working relationship with team members and suppliers
- Prepared to travel to other sites at various locations within the UK.
- Full driving licence.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB